2015 Grand Rapids Contest – Deadline: March 27, 2015
Grand Rapids, Michigan
- All General Quilt Contest Rules apply.
- Quilts must have been completed between March 1, 2012 and the entry deadline. “Completed” applies to the date any quilt has been previously entered in any quilt contest; altering the quilt after it has been exhibited will not change the date it was completed.
- Quilts must be available for display from July 17, 2015 until one week after the event.
- Quilts must fit within the size requirements and definitions of the categories listed.
- Written judging evaluations are NOT provided for this contest.
1. Large Quilts – Home Machine Quilted: Width 60″ to 110″; Length 60″ or more. Quilted on a home sewing machine.
2. Large Quilts – Longarm Machine Quilted: Width 60″ to 110″; Length 60″ or more. Quilted on a longarm quilting machine.
3. Hand Quilted Quilts: Width 40″ to 110″; Length 40″ or more. Quilted by hand.
4. Wall Quilts – Home Machine Quilted: Width 30″ to 60″; Length 30″ or more. Quilted on a home sewing machine.
5. Wall Quilts – Longarm Machine Quilted: Width 30″ to 60″; Length 30″ or more. Quilted on a longarm quilting machine.
6. Wall Quilts – Modern: Width 30″ to 60″; Length 30″ or more. Quilts that are inspired by modern design, often using improvisational piecing or appliqué and including bold colors, high contrast, and simple shapes on neutral backgrounds. Expansive negative space may allow the quilting to take the forefront. Quilts may be quilted by hand, machine, or both.
7. The Ultimate Guild Challenge: Width 30″ to 60″; Length 30″ or more. This challenge honors the results of a quilt guild’s challenge to its members. The guild issues its own challenge to its members, choosing rules, fabrics, themes, or whatever! The top eight (8) quilts from the guild are submitted as one entry to The Ultimate Guild Challenge. Quilted by hand or machine.
- One entry submission per guild (include theme, challenge description and rules, contact information, and guild photo).
- Each individual can stitch or quilt on only one challenge quilt for one guild.
- Information (title of quilt and size) for each of the eight (8) quilts including full and detail images of each quilt (See rule 6, in general quilt contest rules).
Each guild may submit quilts online at www.quiltweek.com.
Notifications emailed: June 12, 2015
Do you need help entering online? Click here to watch the short instructional video.