A NEW Contest at the Fall Paducah AQS QuiltWeek
New Judging Format – $121,250 in Cash Awards
At the Fall Paducah AQS QuiltWeek event, the quilt contest is all new – new categories, new judging method, and the opportunity for quiltmakers to win $121,250 in cash awards.
The Judging: Prior to the show, three expert judges will select the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Honorable Mention quilts in each of the 15 categories. The judges will also select their Judges’ Choice quilt. The first place winners in the 15 categories will become the finalists for the public voting.
The Voting: The public will take an active role as judge and critic; the top seven prizes will be awarded based on the public votes. From the 15 finalists (1st place in each of the 15 categories) voters will vote for one quilt that deserves a spot in the final quilts.
All voting will be online at AmericanQuilter.com/Vote (will not be active until voting starts), starting at 6:00 p.m. (Central time) on Tuesday, September 12, 2017, during the QuiltWeek Contest Premiere, and conclude at 12:00 noon on Friday, September 15, 2017. There will be voting stations at the show starting on Tuesday evening; you can also vote using your Smartphone.
1. Janome America Best of Show, $20,000, will be awarded to the finalist that receives the most votes from among all 15 finalists.
2. Gammill Best Wall Quilt, $11,000, will be awarded to the finalist that receives the most votes from among the Wall Quilt finalists.
3. The highest number of votes will determine the winners for 1st Place Overall through 5th Place Overall after the Best of Show and Best Wall Quilt are determined.
a. 1st Place Overall, $10,000
b. 2nd Place Overall, $9,000
c. Innova 3rd Place Overall, $8,000
d. APQS 4th Place Overall, $7,000
e. Hobbs Bonded Fibers 5th Place Overall, $6,000
Eligibility & Official Rules:
• You must be at least 16 years old to register to vote in the Fall Paducah QuiltWeek Quilt Contest.
• You must have an individual email address to register. If you don’t have an email address, you can create one for free at gmail.com.
• You can vote at the show or from home by accessing your account at AmericanQuilter.com/Vote.
Announcing the Winners: At 6:00 p.m. on Friday, September 15, 2017, the American Quilter’s Society will announce the seven top winners during the Winners Showcase. A panel made up of winners in the contest will share details about making their prizewinning quilts – new things they tried, choosing designs, colors, and quilting patterns. We will all get to learn how they did it! Winners will be notified after the judging is completed so you can make plans to attend the show and the Winners Showcase evening.
Join in the fun and exercise your Right to Vote to select the top seven winners, starting at 6:00 p.m. (Central time) on Tuesday, September 12, 2017, until 12:00 noon on Friday, September 15, 2017.
Entering the Quilt Contest: Here is what you need to know… the rules are available online here. The deadline for entering the Fall Paducah Quilt Contest is May 5, 2017.
Check out these new categories:
• Large Quilts – Appliquéd Quilts
• Large Quilts – Embellished Quilts
• Large Quilts – Pieced Quilts
• Large Quilts – 1st Entry in an AQS Paducah Quilt Contest
• Large Quilts – Pictorial
• Large Quilts – Quilting is the Star
• Large Quilts – Hand Quilted Quilts
• Wall Quilts – Appliquéd Quilts
• Wall Quilts – Embellished Quilts
• Wall Quilts – Pieced Quilts
• Wall Quilts – 1st Entry in an AQS Paducah Quilt Contest
• Wall Quilts – Pictorial
• Wall Quilts – Whimsical
• Wall Quilts – Flora and/or Fauna
• Wall Quilts – Art Quilts
Which of your quilts will fit these categories? Be sure to check the measurements of your quilt with the category requirements.
Please Note: Quilters may enter a quilt in one Paducah Quilt Contest. You cannot enter the same quilt in both Paducah shows, however different quilt(s) may be entered in each Paducah Quilt Contest.
Enter your quilt today! You could be the very first Best of Show winner at the new Fall Paducah AQS QuiltWeek.