Quilt Shipping Information | AQS QuiltWeek NOTIFICATION
All accepted entries will receive an email notification with an attached Contestant Guide. The guide contains details on preparing your quilt for shipping, obtaining an appraisal, insurance coverage, and returning your quilt. COMPLETE SHIPPING PREFERENCES
Using the information provided in the guide, contestants will complete their return shipping preferences: Continental U. S. Shipping, International (including Alaska, Hawaii, and all U. S. Territories) Shipping, Pre-Paid FEdEx or UPS Shipping Label, or In-Person Pick up. (A “Hold” option is available for some shows.) Contestants also have the option to request an appraisal during the selection process. (Note: Written appraisals will be mailed approximately 30 days after the show.)
At AQS, we provide brand-new, specially designed boxes for every quilt shipped in a standard box free of charge. These square boxes come in three different sizes to accommodate varying quilt sizes, and have double flaps on top and bottom to protect your quilt. However, we understand that some quilts need to be rolled and we will continue to accept rolled quilts in long, slender boxes or tubes and return these in the same container in which it was shipped for a $10 package handling fee.
PACKAGE HANDLING FEE
Beginning in 2018, an additional $10 fee will be added to all quilts shipped in irregular-sized/shaped packages.
Irregular-sized packages require additional time and handling by staff to check-in, process, and repackage.
PREPARING & SHIPPING YOUR QUILT
QUILT SHIPPING GUIDELINES
• Be sure your quilt has a label with your name, address, and quilt title on the back.
• Pack the quilt in a plastic bag, inside a sturdy box.
• Identification Card: Write the title of your quilt, your name, address, and phone number and place inside the box with your quilt.
• Address Card: Write your name, return address, and phone number on a 3″ x 5″ card for shipping and place in an envelope. Tape the envelope to the outside of your plastic bag so it is visible when we open the box. Write your quilt number (provided in the guide) on the front of the envelope.
• In large bold print, write your quilt number (provided in the guide) on the top of the outside of the box, near the address. PROCESSING
Because our home office is in Paducah, all quilts are shipped to Paducah to be processed and checked in. Someone is available during regular business hours, at our facility, to sign for shipments from UPS, FedEx, or the US Postal Service. Once most of the quilts have been received, they are checked in, labeled for return shipping to you, or the place you designated, and then organized by categories. (Quilts shipped to us in irregular boxes/tubes will stay in their original packaging for a $10 package handling fee.) The quilts are then transported to the show where they will be placed in their designated area for hanging. RETURNING QUILTS
Once the quilts return to our facility, they are shipped out the following week, unless additional photography is needed (winners, etc.) All effort is made to ship quilts within 10 […]