Judging Format – $121,250 in Cash Awards
The Judging: Prior to the show, three expert judges will select the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and Honorable Mention quilts in each of the 15 categories. The judges will also select their Judges’ Choice quilt. The first place winners in the 15 categories will become the finalists for the public voting.
The Voting: The public will take an active role as judge and critic; the top seven prizes will be awarded based on the public votes. From the 15 finalists (1st place in each of the 15 categories) voters will vote for one quilt that deserves a spot in the final quilts.
All voting will begin online at 6:00 p.m. (Central time) on Tuesday, September 11, 2018, during the QuiltWeek Contest Premiere, and conclude at 12:00 noon on Friday, September 14, 2018. There will be voting stations at the show starting on Tuesday evening; you can also vote using your Smartphone.
1. Janome America Best of Show, $20,000, will be awarded to the finalist that receives the most votes from among all 15 finalists.
2. Gammill Best Wall Quilt, $11,000, will be awarded to the finalist that receives the most votes from among the Wall Quilt finalists.
3. The highest number of votes will determine the winners for 1st Place Overall through 5th Place Overall after the Best of Show and Best Wall Quilt are determined.
a. 1st Place Overall, $10,000
b. 2nd Place Overall, $9,000
c. 3rd Place Overall, $8,000
d. 4th Place Overall, $7,000
e. 5th Place Overall, $6,000
Eligibility & Official Rules:
• You must be at least 16 years old to register to vote in the Fall Paducah QuiltWeek Quilt Contest.
• You must have an individual email address to register. If you don’t have an email address, you can create one for free at gmail.com.
• You can vote at the show or from home by accessing our website.
Announcing the Winners: Friday, September 14, 2018, the American Quilter’s Society will announce the seven top winners during the Winners Showcase. Winners will be notified after the judging is completed so you can make plans to attend the show and the Winners Showcase evening.