SPRING PADUCAH 2019
April 24–27, 2019 • Wed.–Fri., 9am–6pm, Sat., 9am–4pm
Schroeder Expo Center • 415 Park Street, Paducah, KY 42001
National Quilt Museum Multi-Day Admission
QuiltWeek Extended Hours (See Below)
The National Quilt Museum
215 Jefferson Street, Paducah, KY 42001
NQM – Sanctioned Event
Visit The National Quilt Museum as many times as you want during AQS QuiltWeek.
Retail: $12 for a multi-day pass purchased through AQS (advance registration only)
If purchased at The National Quilt Museum during the show:
Retail: $12 daily admission at the door
The National Quilt Museum will feature exciting new exhibits during AQS QuiltWeek.
• New Quilts from an Old Favorite: Oak Leaf & Reel: Finalists and winners from the New Quilts from an Old Favorite competition’s Oak Leaf & Reel theme.
• Love Stories, curated by Qin Zhang: Special Exhibit: In Southeastern China, Lanjiaxie became a special textile for marriage. The patterns used indicate the desire for love and a better life.
• Stories of West Africa by Hollis Chatelain: Hollis’ personal interpretation of everyday life in West Africa, portraying the rich African culture and the strong sense of community and family unity.
• Lise Bélanger: Behind the Seams: Corner Gallery: This Canadian artist followed her passion for sewing into making colorful textile art paintings.
• Museum Collections: Selections from the museum’s collections of over 600 full-size and miniature quilts are displayed throughout the year.
• George & Virginia Siciliano demonstrate their unique quilting techniques, Tuesday–Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Ann Hazelwood will be doing a book signing Friday 10:00 a.m. to Noon.
• Artists from the New Quilts from an Old Favorite competition will sign the exhibit’s gallery guide Friday from Noon to 1:30 p.m.
• Featured Corner Gallery quilter, Lise Bélanger, will present a 30-minute Artist Talk about her work on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at 10:00 a.m. and Thursday and Friday at 2:00 p.m.
NQM provides a free shuttle going back and forth from the AQS Shuttle Stop at the Convention Center to the museum during show hours. quiltmuseum.org/quiltweek
Monday – Tuesday: 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Wednesday – Thursday: 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Friday: 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Saturday: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Paducah Rotary Antique Quilt Show and Vendor Mall
Rotary Club of Paducah
Robert Cherry Civic Center
2701 Park Ave., Paducah, KY 42001
ROTARY – Sanctioned Event
Visit the Rotary Antique Quilt Show as many times as you want during AQS QuiltWeek.
Retail: $7 for a multi-day pass purchased through AQS advance registration or at the door.
The 31st Annual Rotary Antique Quilt Show features Anonymous and Me, curated by Mary Kerr. Multigenerational quilts are quilts that were started in one generation and finished in another, sometimes with surprising results. The 2019 Rotary exhibit showcases 150 years of innovative quilters and their fabulous finishes. Also on display will be a small exhibit titled, Twisted: Modern Quilts with a Vintage Twist. The Merchant Mall features popular quilting vendors. Enter to win a “Pieces of Paducah” prize and gift basket filled with many unique items from local boutiques, artisans and shops that will be drawn from daily entries! For up-to-date exhibit information, visit rotaryquiltshow.com.
About the Rotary Antique Quilt Show
At the request of Paducah’s AQS Quilt Show founders, Bill and Meredith Schroeder, the Rotary Club of Paducah embarked on their first Antique Quilt Show and Sale in April 1989. The annual show is now an official sanctioned event of AQS QuiltWeek. The Rotary Antique Quilt Show offers some of the world’s most beautiful quilts, each year featuring various themed quilts. In addition, the show offers a Merchant Mall with world-renowned vendors.
Proceeds = Scholarships
Proceeds from this show provide college scholarships annually for local students through the Rotary Education Assistance Program (REAP). In 2010, the Rotary Club of Paducah initiated the idea of the Community Scholarship Program as a public-private partnership with strong participation from Rotary, the City of Paducah, McCracken County Fiscal Court, West Kentucky Community and Technical College, and a number of local businesses, along with Paducah Junior College, Inc. and partnering high schools. The intent of this scholarship is to provide gap funding to assist students in attaining a two-year degree or industry certification at West Kentucky Community and Technical College.
Getting to the Robert Cherry Civic Center: Ride the free shuttle from the AQS Shuttle Stop at the Convention Center to the Robert Cherry Civic Center for the Rotary Show.
Tuesday, April 23 – Friday, April 26: 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday, April 27: 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Derby Day: Saturday, April 27, 3:00 p.m.
Noble Park, 2801 Park Ave, Paducah, KY 42001
The 5th annual PaDucky Derby will feature 5,000 rubber ducks racing in support of the Merryman House Domestic Crisis Center and its mission to Saving, Building, and Changing the lives of domestic violence victims. The PaDucky Derby is a great way for people of all ages and areas to get involved in a worthy cause!
Ducks are adopted by donors from all over the globe for a chance to win one of three cash prizes! Adopt one duck for $5.00, or adopt a “quack-pack” of 6 ducks for $25.00. You may wish to go all in and adopt a “flock” of 12 ducks for $50.00!
The PaDucky Derby is the signature fundraising event for the Merryman House Domestic Crisis Center – a 501c3 non-profit organization committed to saving, building, and changing the lives of domestic violence victims. The organization relies on federal, state, and local grants as well as individual donors and private foundations.
The Merryman House operates a 24-hour, 36-bed emergency shelter for men, women, and children, as well as five outreach offices that support victims of domestic violence on their road to recovery. The organization provides a 24-hour crisis line, on-going case management, economic empowerment and housing stabilization services to nearly 900 victims per year. Funds raised from the PaDucky Derby support these services and the annual operations of the organization as a whole.
Look for the PaDucky Derby booth in the lobby of the Carroll Convention Center at the show to rent your duck ($5.00 or a Quack Pack (6 for $25) or Flock (12 for $50).
Adopt a Duck