Guild Buzz with Bonnie Sponsor Giveaway
1. How to Enter: Beginning at 3:00 p.m. (CT) on May 20, 2020, until 11:59 p.m. (CT) on July 15, 2020, you may enter the Guild Buzz with Bonnie Sponsor Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) by visiting the AQS QuiltWeek Website (www.quiltweek.com/Guildbuzz) and complete the online entry form by providing your name, complete address, and valid e-mail address (limit one entry per household and/or per e-mail address). Mechanically reproduced entries and mail-in entries will not be accepted. All entries become the property of the American Quilter’s Society and will not be returned. No Purchase Necessary. Purchase will not increase entrant’s chance of winning.
2. Eligibility: This Giveaway is open only to legal residents of the contiguous United States who are 18 years of age or older. Officers, directors, employees, and their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children, and each of their respective spouses) of Schroeder Publishing Company, Inc. and the Giveaway Entity (listed below), their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited.
3. Prizewinner: One (1) Prizewinner will receive one (1) Janome HD9 Sewing Machine from Janome America valued at $2,299.00 (US). You’ll love the Janome HD9 Sewing Machine! Able to tackle any project from home décor to leather making, heavier-weight threads are not a problem for this machine. It can handle up to 11 IBS of presser foot pressure, comes with an automatic thread cutter, and is sturdy and durable.
4. Costs and Expenses: All costs and expenses associated with any element of any and all prizes not specifically addressed above, including but not limited to taxes, shipping charges, and any other fees, are the sole responsibility of the Prizewinner. Sponsor shall solely determine the specifics of all aforementioned elements of any prize in the Giveaway. Some restrictions may apply. Prizewinner agrees that AQS has not made or is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prize. No substitution, transfer of any prize (or any part of a prize package), or cash alternative is permitted. Prizes are not redeemable in cash. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize (if any) are solely between the manufacturer and winner; therefore, winner agrees to look solely to such manufacturer for any such warranty and/or guarantee. Descriptions of the prize can be found in Item #3 above.
5. Drawing and Notification: Prizewinner will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries on or about July 22, 2020. Potential Prizewinner will be notified by phone and/or email on or about July 22, 2020. If Sponsor does not receive acceptance of a Prize Package within twenty-four (24) hours from the first notification attempt, then such potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected. Sponsor’s decisions with respect to the winner and other matters pertaining to the Giveaway shall be final. If Sponsor is unable to contact a potential prizewinner, or if potential prizewinner fails to comply with any of the requirements, an alternate winner shall be selected. The odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received.
6. Tampering: Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. If, in the Sponsors’ opinion, there is any suspected or actual evidence of electronic or non-electronic tampering with any portion of the Giveaway, or if technical difficulties compromise the integrity of the Giveaway, the judges reserve the right to terminate the Giveaway and conduct a random drawing to award the prize using all entries received as of the termination date. Should the Giveaway be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, notice will be posted on the American Quilter’s Society website.
7. Use of Information and Likeness: When entering the Giveaway, you consent to receiving information from the American Quilter’s Society and its partners. This information can be sent via e-mail, mail, SMS, or telephone. The use of e-mail information shall be subject to the privacy policies of the American Quilter’s Society which are available on the AQS website (www.americanquilter.com). All prizewinners consent to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, biography, voice and/or video for advertising and promotional purposes, including online announcements, without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
8. Release of Liability: By entering this Giveaway, all entrants and winners, and their successors, assignees, family members, guests, invitees, agents, and employees release, hold harmless, and agree to indemnify Sponsor, as well as the respective officers, directors, agents, employees, shareholders, advertising and promotion agencies, affiliated companies, Giveaway Entity and prize suppliers, and affiliates of the Sponsor and all others associated with the development and execution of this Giveaway from, against, and for any and all actions, claims, losses and/or liability with respect to or in any way arising from participation in this Giveaway and/or acceptance or use of any prize and any related travel and/or activities, including, but not
limited to, liability for personal injury, death, damages, taxes, fees, expenses or loss, including but not limited to attorney’s fees.
9. Technology Failure or Human Error: Schroeder Publishing Company, Inc., d/b/a American Quilter’s Society (“Sponsor”) and the Giveaway Entity, their affiliates, distributors, dealers, subsidiaries, parent corporations, and their respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, and agents, and any and all Internet servers and access provider(s) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information; human error; technical malfunctions; failures, omission, interruption, deletion, or defect of any telephone network, computer online systems, computer equipment, server providers, or software, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in this Giveaway; inability to access the American Quilter’s Society website; theft, tampering, destruction, or unauthorized access to, or alteration of entries; transactions that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or illegible or lost due to computer or electronic malfunction; printing or human errors; mailed entries which are late, lost, incomplete, misdirected, stolen, mutilated, illegible, or postage due, or any combination thereof. Proof of mailing is not considered proof of delivery or receipt.
10. Governing Law: This Giveaway is governed by Kentucky law. The venue of any legal action or lawsuit relating to this Giveaway shall be in a court located in McCracken County, Kentucky, or the US District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, Paducah division.
11. Winners list: To learn the names of the winners, go to www.americanquilter.com or send a selfaddressed, stamped envelope after July 22, 2020, to Guild Buzz with Bonnie Sponsor Giveaway, Winners List, PO Box 3290, Paducah, KY 42002-3290. Requests received after December 31, 2020, will not be honored.
12. Giveaway Entity:
Schroeder Publishing Company, Inc., d/b/a American Quilter’s Society, PO Box 3290,
Paducah, KY 42002-3290.